Sunday, January 29, 2012

Brownie waffles



I thought I saw a pin on pinterest for brownies in a waffle iron. I tried to make my own this morning to send with Spencer to his class (because nothing earns teenagers' respect like food). The first attempt was a pretty epic failure-thus the picture of burnt brownie bits in the bowl. The house still smells slightly of burnt brownie. After I tweaked the recipe, I finally discovered they were possible, and delicious. My husband says he likes them better than regular brownies because they don't get all gooey and stuck to the roof of your mouth.
Which turns out is ironic, because I went to my pinterest to see the recipe, and it was for chocolate waffles. Not brownies. So, while I seriously doubt I invented this idea, I have to be open to the idea that it came to me in a dream:)

Recipe:
3 cups brownie mix (mine was from the bins at Winco)
1 cup water
1 egg (the egg is what really made the difference. Suddenly they were fluffy and delicious, rather than crusty and burned)

Remember to spray before each set of brownies.
I'm pretty sure I got my heart shaped waffle iron from walmart around valentines day last year.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment